new feature: open mldonkey web page

Forum to discuss the DonkeyFire Mozilla Firefox extension (MLDonkey integration).

Notapor oopepe el Lun Mar 24, 2008 7:47 am

hello,
first of all i have to say that donkeyfire is a nice tool :-)
id like to see a new feature. could you open the mlnet http website in a new tab when doubleclicking on your extension? that would be nice.

i also have to report a bug oder so. when i first installed donkeyfire it didnt work. it just couldnt connect to my mldonkey core. i restartet ff, changed the servers url but it didnt help. it initialy began to work when i checked the 'ignore paused transfer' checkbox. now it works with or without the option beeing checked. is it possible that this was a bug, or was this some problem on my side?

regards,
oopepe
oopepe

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: new feature: open mldonkey web page

Notapor buanzo el Lun Mar 24, 2008 11:02 am

oopepe escribió:hello, first of all i have to say that donkeyfire is a nice tool :-)

Hey, thanks! :D

oopepe escribió:id like to see a new feature. could you open the mlnet http website in a new tab when doubleclicking on your extension? that would be nice.

Yes, I'm just adding that, but I might use the right mouse button. In the future, I'll make that into a preferences dialog, so you can choose which action goes with which click-type.

You'll have it for 0.3.6. Stay tuned!

oopepe escribió:i also have to report a bug oder so. when i first installed donkeyfire it didnt work. it just couldnt connect to my mldonkey core. i restartet ff, changed the servers url but it didnt help. it initialy began to work when i checked the 'ignore paused transfer' checkbox. now it works with or without the option beeing checked. is it possible that this was a bug, or was this some problem on my side?

I'd need to get more info. Maybe the URL was bad. I use the full format, something like http://localhost:4080 instead of just "localhost". I should add an example to the options dialog :P

If you want to provide debug output, that'd be nice. To do so, you need to enable the Debugging Preferences of Firefox. Install this extension: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/extensiondev/
Then, from the Tools Menu -> Extension Developer -> Enable Debugging Preferences.

Then, restart firefox from a console (firefox -console in cmd.exe or just plain firefox from a linux/osx terminal).

You'll get lots of lines starting with [DF]. Those are DonkeyFire's debugging messages. If there's something odd, you'll discover it here. Do not hesitate providing me with that info!

Yours,
buanzo
Administrador

Notapor buanzo el Lun Mar 24, 2008 11:31 am

The "Open MLDonkey in new tab" feature has been implemented.

0.3.6 is now released thorugh mozdev.org.

Remember you have to update manually, because addons.mozilla.org ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6606 ) still has DOnkeyFire in the Sandbox. If more reviews are provided, I can get it to be Publicly available in a couple of days.
buanzo
Administrador

Notapor oopepe el Mar Mar 25, 2008 9:20 am

buanzo escribió:The "Open MLDonkey in new tab" feature has been implemented.

wow, very nice. thank you!

i have two other feature requests :-)
first: everytime donkeyfire reloads the data the mouse cursor changes to the 'waiting cursor'. is it possible to tell ff to not change the cursor when loading the data?
second: can you show the total upload rate too?

regards,
oopepe
oopepe

Notapor oopepe el Mar Mar 25, 2008 9:42 am

I just tried to submit a review for your plugin but it just didnt work. Ill try again later.
The submit form keeps telling there is an error. It doesnt tell me what error.
There are only two textboxes and one combo box... i dont know what i could possibly do wrong here..
oopepe

Notapor buanzo el Mar Mar 25, 2008 10:59 am

oopepe escribió:wow, very nice. thank you!

:)

oopepe escribió:first: everytime donkeyfire reloads the data the mouse cursor changes to the 'waiting cursor'. is it possible to tell ff to not change the cursor when loading the data?

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. Problem is, MLDonkey's web server provides HORRIBLE html. Via an AJAX call, I can't get an interface to xpath (which is what I use to obtain all details about downloads, etc, from the html).

The solution was to use a XUL (mozilla lingo here) iframe or browser element. The downfall is that cursor thing.

If I find a solution to this problem, rest assured I will implement it first thing.

oopepe escribió:second: can you show the total upload rate too?

Mmm. I can, yes. But I think I might need to make that configurable (the display, in general). Today, it's pretty... "wide":
Total(5): 752.7M/1.93G @ 0.0 KB/s INSERT_PROGRESS_BAR_HERE

Any suggestions?
buanzo
Administrador

Notapor buanzo el Mar Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am

About the review: I think the A.M.O people are having PHP5 issues. Keep trying :P
Thanks!!
buanzo
Administrador

Notapor oopepe el Mie Mar 26, 2008 10:53 am

buanzo escribió:
oopepe escribió:second: can you show the total upload rate too?

Mmm. I can, yes. But I think I might need to make that configurable (the display, in general). Today, it's pretty... "wide":
Total(5): 752.7M/1.93G @ 0.0 KB/s INSERT_PROGRESS_BAR_HERE

Any suggestions?

Making the display configurable is a good idea.
The only other solution i can come up with is to show some kind of popup (tool tip) when the mousecursor is over donkeyfire. there you could display some more detailed statistics.
oopepe

Notapor buanzo el Mie Mar 26, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm working on a very nice popup-like window for detailed stats. It'll have progress bars for every download, and show total and individual information (u/d rates and such). Pretty much like the mlnet web :P
buanzo
Administrador

Notapor oopepe el Sab Mar 29, 2008 12:10 pm

sounds really nice. im looking forward to it. when do you think is this feature implemented?
oopepe

Siguiente

Volver a Buanzo's DonkeyFire